Sick bird

Polishpal

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 3, 2013
Ok so one of my very dear polish hens has gotten very sick over the last month. She currently has a foot infection but its been improving greatly but as of last night she is very downhill and I fear she might only have another day to live. She is very weak or it hurts to the point she cant stand and her wattles are a very sickly grey. I gave her some electrolites but that didn't help. Please help this hen is a very dear hen and I just want her to be happy and healthy. So please help
Sicerly- a very upset Polishpal

sounds like the infection may have went septic.or through her body. did you give her antibiotics? you will likely have to give her an injection of antibiotics because I just don't think at this point water soluble antibiotics will do the trick anymore. you can try a injection of penicillin see if that helps you would have to continue injections for 5 days once a day. or take her to a vet fast.if the infection is in the bloodstream you will need to act fast. so try and get the antibiotic in her fast. I do hope she makes it! you can also find at the feed store a anti infective called liquamycine or LA200. you might want to try that. its geared for general infection foot rot swelling that likely would be best. dose is 1/4cc once daily in breast muscle for 5 days. see if this helps. I wish you luck. hope this helps.

My vet is not open on Sundays :'( I feel horrible I just want what's best for her but my options are really limited right now :hit

I agree with realsis. How did you treat the infection so far? Any antibiotics given? If not, hurry up and get an injectable from the farm supply. Time is probably of the essence.

Good luck!

Her treatment has been to drain the pus put on some spray antibiotics and wrap them up and send her to bed. Could you tell what they are called I need to inform my mom so she can get them right away

read my above post I think LA200 or liquamycine would help. its a anti infective. dose would be 1/4 cc once a day for 5 days. like I said its likely septic meaning infection had gone into bloodstream act fast! time is of essence if you can't find the liquamycine get penicillin fast! dose would be still 1/4 cc in breast muscle. you don't have time to waist. hopefully with the antibiotic in the bloodstream she can start to recover. please get her the injection fast! you can get syringe and medicine at feed store! give the injection in the breast muscle. but HURRY keep us posted please.

None of my stupid local co-opps are open neither is my local vet so basically she is going to die xc

Try to find the closest emergency vet or maybe there are some chicken friends or farms close by who will have some antibiotics?

Back
Top Bottom