Sick birds this spring.

What's Sul met? MM told me to use teramiacin too. Ishould have asked the vet if he wanted me to use that too. Mine are doing so much better today, that third chick that was down, is now up and doing quite well. WE may be on a road to recovery here. yay!!!

Sulmet is for the treatment of Infectious Coryza, Coccidiosis, Acute Fowl Cholera, and Pollorum Disease in poultry.

Aureomycin is used in chickens to treat:

CRD (Chronic Respiratory Disease), Infectious Synovitis and for the control of mortality due to Fowl Cholera in growing chickens.

Terramycin treats:

Infectious Synovitis caused by Mycoplasma synoviae, CRD and Fowl Cholera.

The difference between the two is this. Terramycin contains oxytetracycline. Whereas Aureomycin contains Chlortetracycline.

Sulmet contains sulfamethazine.

I got the results back, I have 2 out of 4 with diagnosed AE and all have a severe calcium deficiency.

I contacted mm and told them, Just as a courtesy. They did say they did have some testing done too and found it was AE and that they have vacinated. Mine are back on their feets and no more losses. So it's probably over, unless I see it coming up in my younger chicks that I bought from another place locally. Their about l5 days old now and not showing any signs yet.

Yes, my chicks had rubbery legs. the bones bend like rubber. The report said a serious vit c deficiency . The feed change and vitamin addition has fixed the problem with all chicks. I still have one or two that aren't chipper like the rest. but I have high hopes for them as well.

I did what my vet said switched to turkey starter for 5 days and vitamin water for 5 days. their back on regular chick starter now and I give them yogurt and orange slices daily to help with the vitamin c deficiency also.

Back
Top Bottom