Sick Brahma roo

Chouxroo

Hatching
Mar 15, 2021
Hi Everyone,
My beloved Brahma roo Choux is poorly. He stopped crowing the past 3 days but was still active and eating. Yesterday I noticed he looked a little puffed up and lethargic. He didn't run for this as usual. Barely had much water

He seems to be pooping mainly green poop today. He has been isolated and given vitamin water and some bread with yogurt which he seems to like as he are it all but won't drink. Pupils look dilated today. He is hardly standing up. But he did make an effort to scratch around with his beak even though he is stationary. He is 1 year old. Usually roams with some hens. None of the others are ill

I don't know what is the problem or how to solve it

How is Choux doing? Any updates? I'm not a chicken-keeper yet, but have quails, and I would feel terrible if one of my roos were feeling bad. (I hope he is feeling better!)

How is Choux doing? Any updates? I'm not a chicken-keeper yet, but have quails, and I would feel terrible if one of my roos were feeling bad. (I hope he is feeling better!)
Unfortunately Choux passed. He didn't look like he was suffering. I petted him and gave him some more bread and yogurt before I went to bed. He wasn't having much water. I found him dead the next morning..

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that about Choux. That's sad. I love my girls!! Chickens and roosters are still a mystery to me. I love "Backyard Chickens" because I can find anything on here. :)

Back
Top Bottom