Sick Chick? Advice Needed!

Thank you for all your advice!

I believe my Silkie either has Wry Neck from the “stress” of moving the new 8 week old chicks in the coop (only 5) or from not enough protein. I changed their food to a higher protein after learning more about Polish’s and Silkies (I have a mixed flock of both). She is my only bird to have this issue THANK GOD. I found her her slouched over last Tuesday 5/4 and she’s been isolated with her mate every since. She has been getting the higher protein mash, scrambled eggs, and Vit E capsules each day. I tried giving her the Selenium/Vit. E paste and no matter what I did she refused to eat it. I also tried broccoli and tuna and that didn’t go over well either. So we’ve stuck with the protein mash, eggs, and Vit E capsule alongside the water with rooster booster. Over the last 3-4 days she can now stand on her own, eat and drink on her own (not 100% perfect but tries and does pretty good). I would say she still doesn’t walk very well. She can walk forward but is pretty shakey yet and she still cannot hold her head up 100% but it is better than a week ago. 🙂

This is the first time dealing with this and my first Silkie experience as well! I never thought they’d be so high maintenance!

Back
Top Bottom