1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sick Chick Please Help

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by yellowchick, Oct 27, 2008.

1. yellowchick

yellowchick Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2008
    C, Arkansas
    One of my new chicks looks like it is having trouble breathing. She is one of 17 I got on Thursday morning. All seem fine other than this one and she was fine last night. Did not look at them close enough this morning to see if she was ok this morning or not. But when I got home from work I noticed her standing by herself, eyes half closed, opening her mouth to take each breath. I picked her up and she was wide eyed but still opening mouth to breath. Watched her for a while and she went over and ate some, and then went back by the light and just stood there and hasn't sat down to try to sleep, is standing to sleep. All have been fine until this morning, and then just this one. Is this in anyway normal, I have checked her back side and it's clean. Nose doesn't seem clogged. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    YC

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I would seperat her from the rest of the flock and bring her in to watch her. You do not want the rest of the flock getting sick if she is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by