Sick Chick, Please Help!

If you have any human vitamin B capsules you can open these and add some to the eggyolk mixture.
If the chick is less than 24 hours old, I would put it back in the incubator if you don’t have other chicks in there. Sometimes it just needs a little more time. It technically doesn’t need to eat or drink yet. It may need more warmth. You can put a small towel or stuffed animal in with it.🙂
Forgot to mention that Anton had trouble hatching, he zipped completely around the shell and still couldn't push himself out. I gave him some human electrolyte stuff and a bit of yolk and lots of water. He's doing better, opens his eyes and cheeps sometimes. Holding him the whole time - short one handed typing. Still have eggs in bator.
We had a weak one. I read a bit of brown sugar in water. It worked wonders, we also added in some nutridrench but think even brown sugar in water would help. She is 14 weeks and wouldn't know she almost died twice
Wow! I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

He's my only Pavlovskaya. I will keep him alive!

Everyone who helped me out, thank you so much. Anton was up and running around yesterday afternoon and had the time of his life. He passed last night. Went comatose. He was cuddled and hand fed all morning and night. I checked on him after dinner and he was way worse than this morning. Poor little guy.
Even just a few hours of normal chick life, it was really good for him, and thank you for helping me to make that happen.

Everyone who helped me out, thank you so much. Anton was up and running around yesterday afternoon and had the time of his life. He passed last night. Went comatose. He was cuddled and hand fed all morning and night. I checked on him after dinner and he was way worse than this morning. Poor little guy.
Even just a few hours of normal chick life, it was really good for him, and thank you for helping me to make that happen.
So sorry! Heartbreaking! The egg yolk is great for them and also diluted maple syrup or molasses in their water.

Back
Top Bottom