Sick chick??

traci0214

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2017
Piney Woods of E Tx
We got 6 chicks two weeks ago. Yesterday my son brought one of them in saying his leg wouldn't work. I checked him out and he could stand but was doing something weird with his mouth. He stretches his head forward and opens his beek like he's crowing or something but nothing ever comes out. He just stands there, not moving, doing that thing with his head every 2-3 seconds.

Any idea what the problem is or how I can help it?

We got 6 chicks two weeks ago. Yesterday my son brought one of them in saying his leg wouldn't work. I checked him out and he could stand but was doing something weird with his mouth. He stretches his head forward and opens his beek like he's crowing or something but nothing ever comes out. He just stands there, not moving, doing that thing with his head every 2-3 seconds.

Any idea what the problem is or how I can help it?
I took a closer look at the chick tonight and what he's doing is taking in deep breaths. I'm really worried something is going on with his lungs.

Doesn't seem like yawning if done every 3 seconds - definitely some breathing problems...hope he survives!

Back
Top Bottom