Sick chick???

Thanks for all the help and support! My chick didn’t make it. She got really limp and laid down on her side so I picked her up and she kept putting her head on my hand backward. Then she finally kicked her legs out hard and went limp in my hand. When I saw her lay down on her side I had my husband go wake my daughter, so she got to be with her when her chick passed. It’s a hard fact if life, but if we are going to raid animals, it’s something they have to learn, so we rolled with it. She is planning a lovely funeral for her chick later this morning when we get up.
One final question. Should I be concerned why this chick died? Like are her symptoms indicative of anything contagious that I need to be worried that more chicks are going to get sick and die? Thanks for all your support!

Thank you! I will get some in the morning! Hopefully I can nurse this chick through the night for my daughter! Thank you for the help! I appreciate it!

You're welcome!
Thanks for all the help and support! My chick didn’t make it. She got really limp and laid down on her side so I picked her up and she kept putting her head on my hand backward. Then she finally kicked her legs out hard and went limp in my hand. When I saw her lay down on her side I had my husband go wake my daughter, so she got to be with her when her chick passed. It’s a hard fact if life, but if we are going to raid animals, it’s something they have to learn, so we rolled with it. She is planning a lovely funeral for her chick later this morning when we get up.
One final question. Should I be concerned why this chick died? Like are her symptoms indicative of anything contagious that I need to be worried that more chicks are going to get sick and die? Thanks for all your support!

I'm so sorry to hear you lost the chick :hugs Best wishes with the rest of them!

Back
Top Bottom