Sick chick

Dchintella

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2020
Hi, I have a sick chick that is experiencing labored breathing. I thought I saw bloody stools in the brooder so I startled corid immediately but now that I’m reading it seems it is likely a respiratory infection. Can I give corid and Duramycin at the same time or should I stop the corid? My chick is

Eggcessive

Addict
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
How old is the chick? Is there any watery eyes, sneezing, or nasal drainage? I would use the severe outbreak dosage of Corid, and also give some undiluted Corid orally twice a day—0.1 ml per pound. Make sure the chick drinks the treated water as well.

Dchintella

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2020
How old is the chick? Is there any watery eyes, sneezing, or nasal drainage? I would use the severe outbreak dosage of Corid, and also give some undiluted Corid orally twice a day—0.1 ml per pound. Make sure the chick drinks the treated water as well.
She’s about 3 weeks old. Eyes are normal, no drainage. Yesterday she was sneezing and shaking her head and also wheezing. To be honest she seems much better but not sure if I should give the duramycin now or not. I tried attaching the video but can’t seem to figure out how.

Top Bottom