Sick Chick?

May 13, 2022
My 5-week-old chick has been in the brooder with the other chicks and they all seem fine, but he keeps falling over weak, but when I separate him, he can stand and is a little more lively but still seems a bit sick. He is hardly eating but if I offer him some water he is able to drink. He doesn't have diarrhea. What could be wrong? I'm new to chickens and raising them as this is my first flock.

Something similar happened with one of my silkie chicks a couple years back. Although mine was only a few days old. I’m not sure what specifically could be happening to your chick, nor what happened to mine, but what we did which helped ours live for a year and a half was mixing together molasses, water, and salt. I couldn’t remember the exact measurements so I looked it up and I found one person who said to mix 2 tablespoons of molasses, 1 cup of water, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon together. Here’s the original recipe: https://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2017/02/homemade-electrolyte-recipe-chicks.html

I wish you the best of luck with your chick!

Back
Top Bottom