Sick chick

pierre12

Hatching
Mar 29, 2015
Have a chick hatched April 28th. Smallest of the hatch and noticed her panting while others didn't. Last checked it was having trouble standing up but walking always to the left. So bad that it ways using cardboard box to stay upright. Of course I separated her he from others. Any suggestions as to why?

I'm new to baby chicks and whatnot. The poor thing is what you call the "runt" of his chicken siblings. I would maybe get some medicated chick feed and lots of water. Keep him warm and comfortable. Chances are he's just weak and needs to gather his strength. If I were you, I would keep an eye on him but let nature take its course.
Hope it goes well!
roll.png

Have a chick hatched April 28th. Smallest of the hatch and noticed her panting while others didn't. Last checked it was having trouble standing up but walking always to the left. So bad that it ways using cardboard box to stay upright. Of course I separated her he from others. Any suggestions as to why?
Hi,
This chick needs energy to live. This is a top flight emergency nutritional supplement. I have used Bovidr Labs products on my poultry and collies for over a decade. Get a small bottle of Poultry Nutri-Drench, Pet Nutri-Drops or Goat Nutri-Drench by Bovidr Labs. If the chick is severely stressed, it will compromise the chick's ability to digest any helps you give it. These Bovidr Labs formulas mainline directly into the bloodstream. No digestion needed. Measurable in the bloodstream in 30 minutes with 99% utilization. Created by a cattle breeder. . Give the chick one drop only by mouth. Repeat as needed the next 8-10 hours. Use these directions regardless of which formula you choose. Tho they are species-specific they also meet the scientific standard for a universal dose. Then put 2 ml per gallon in their water. or the next 2 weeks. ( my treated water looks like very weak tea). No need to give the chick electrolytes, Just this. It will get it off to strong start. I have used these products on my poultry and collies for over a decade. Top flight all natural. Excellent emergency nutritional supplement for combating stress of any kind. http://www.nutridrench.com Last season we raised 42 Light Sussex chicks on the Goat Nutri-Drench using the Poultry instructions. No sickness, no deaths. I wrote this a while back: How to Deal With Travel Stress in Baby Chicks
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/746509/how-to-deal-with-travel-stress-in-baby-chicks
Best Success,
Karen

Back
Top Bottom