Sick chicken- advice please

PedalThumper

Chirping
Feb 6, 2020
Hi,
I have a sick chicken- discovered her lethargic and with an empty feed pouch late afternoon yesterday. Have given her coconut water with eye dropper and offered food and an egg and she hasn't eaten. Shes a one year old Rhode island red. Poop looks normal so far. She seems kind of zombie ish/ trance-like.
Is there anything I should administer to her?

Does she normally lay eggs? Is her tail position up or down? Is it very cold where you live? If you have any pictures of her, that might be helpful. If I have a sick chicken, they almost always will eat some bits of scrambled egg. Mushy wet chicken feed is another most like. If you have any Poultry vitamin or human B complex, those may help, but make sure that she is drinking water. You can put a tsp of sugar in a cup of water and see if she will drink that.

I have 45 chickens and only a handful are laying- I dont think shes one that's laying as her wattle isn't red enough. We just came through a cold front in the single digits and are back to the 40s

Attachments

• 20240124_135545.jpg
    20240124_135545.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 0
Does she have any signs of frostbite, such as reluctance to walk, swollen or discolored toes or feet? I would keep encouraging her to eat and drink.

Back
Top Bottom