Sick Chicken and no local vets treat chickens :-(

I'm so frustrated by the vets here that refuse to see a chicken. I would just like to know exactly what I'm treating here. It seems cruel and I feel helpless. :barnie

I know your feeling. It's really hard to watch your pet suffer and there's nothing you can do. At least you can be confident in knowing that even if she gets better or gets worse, she has lived a better life than many other pets. I'm sure she knows that you are doing your best and hopefully she will be able to pull though.

Does anyone know what this large air sac is? It seems to be in her esophagus, not her crop. It's baseball sized and definitely air filled. I cannot find ANYTHING that mentions this so I don't even know if the treatment I'm doing is correct. I'm so frustrated and sad.

I read through your posts and I wish I could help. It does seem like she has some kind of blockage. Would you be comfortable trying to tube feed her? I have not attempted it, but many here have. It may be a good way to see if food can get into her crop and if she can keep it down, past the "bubble". If you do a search, you will find some posts on it. How big does the bubble feel? Can you see it? Can you take a photo for us?

I have not given her any good for the last 2 days but fed her with a syringe before that. I don't mind doing that at all.

The inflated area seems to stay the same size. It hasn't changed. I will try to get a picture

Back
Top Bottom