Sick Chicken CRD Please Help

Bella101

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2023
Hello everyone,

My birds got crd, and I treated them with danagard but still have one girl who is not doing well, she won't come out of the nesting box, she was running a fever, she wasn't eating or drinking on her own. I've brought her in and have been giving her oregano treated water and food. She's eating and drinking again with the bowls being right next to her, she's in a child's tent. I've heard to buy tylan or Tylisol. Can someone please tell me if I should get he powder or oral and what dosages to use and how to administer the medication? I have the picture attached that shows the 2 that I need to choose from. Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230503_083426_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230503_083426_Chrome.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 22
They both should have dosing instructions on the packaging. Both are oral doses.
One is giving in the water and the other is given via a syringe, I think.

Thank you for all the help! There wasn't any instructions, but I watched a YouTube video where they said half a cc. We tried doing orally but our birds were just not having it, a vet on YouTube said to soak bread in the medicine so we tried that, and they ate the bread (separately). Hopefully it works the same! Do you know how to tell if your chicken is well enough to go back outside and join the flock again? And it seems like they are all doing much better, even the one I had to bring inside. They're walking around, eating. Drinking, some are still laying. But some of them have a terrible raspy squawk noise still..should I be concerned about this?

Back
Top Bottom