Sick chicken? Please read this!

Do you prefer to treat your animals naturally (herbs, vitamins, minerals) or with conventional (anti

• Natural

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Conventional

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • A mix of both

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

earthmama24

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 20, 2011
Charleston
My heart goes out to all of you dealing with sick chickies. I have been there, done that! I have found natural remedies work far better and are much safer (for our animals and us). Of course, use your own discretion and consult a vet if you feel you need to. My only attempt at that did not yield any results and I had to begin figuring out on my own how to get everyone better.

I have had tremendous success using grapefruit seed extract in treating all different sorts of chicken issues...from coryza and bloody diarrhea to injuries of all different shapes and sizes. It can be used internally by putting it in their water or externally for injuries.

If nothing else, get some (I found the best deal at allhealthtrends.com but google to find the best price) and start putting 15-30 drops in your chickens water daily. This is going to eliminate so many problems and future problems. A large bottle last quite a while and your chicken's health and your piece of mind is definitely worth it, not to mention the money you'll save on antibiotics!

You will also find a number of other natural remedies on my blog, such as slippery elm for diarrhea, colloidal silver for infections of all sorts and castor oil for injuries and hematomas. These work for people and animals, so it is easy to keep what you need on hand. No more late night trips to the Tractor Supply!

http://earthmama24.blogspot.com/2011/03/natural-treatment-of-infectious-coryza.html

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom