Sick chicken

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 6 girls, Oct 24, 2015.

1. 6 girls

6 girls New Egg

Oct 24, 2015
    We are new to raising chickens this year. We have had our 6 chickens for about 5 months. Rescently one of our chickens is hunched up her comb is flopped over and has very loose stool. The other chickens have started to chase and peck at her. Ever since they started laying we have only got 5 eggs, not sure which one is not laying. Any ideas to what could be wrong with her?

2. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

You may want to try posting in the "emergencies" forum to get a better response. Be sure to include other details like if she has lost weight, if she is eating/drinking, if you have ruled out things like lice/mites, etc.

3. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

Hello and :welcome

We are glad you joined us! X2 on trailers advice, also could you post a picture of her so that we can get a better look? It may be something serious, and then it may be as simple as the type of breed she is, some breeds combs flop over like that. Hope I can help to see what's wrong with her.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    a picture would help if she isn't the type of breed to have a floppy comb

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Good luck with your girl.

7. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!

I'm sorry to hear about your sick hen. [​IMG]It sounds to me like she could have some sort of internal laying problem, but I'd definitely post in the Emergencies (linked to by NorthFLChick) section for more answers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by