Sick Chicken?

Aprilanne

In the Brooder
May 29, 2017
I have a 2 month old Brahma that is sometimes very hyper running back and forth and other times she secludes herself from the other chickens, hiding under the nesting box. Is there something wrong with her? She's the only one that acts like that.If she's just different that's fine but if there is something wrong I want to help her.Thanks.

That basically describes the personality of my Brahma chicken. She's very independent, keeps to herself, is very energetic and is not afraid to tell them who's boss. Even my rooster won't mess with her. She's been acting like that for three years now and she's never had any problems. I think it's just her personality and nothing to be worried about.

I have 3 other brahmas the same age and she just seems different almost sick.She eats and drinks and poops fine as far as I know.I'm pretty new at chickens but I absolutely love them. Thank you.

Try to get a confirmation that she is eating and drinking. Then check her poop. It can tell you so much about health. I have one chicken who is a bit sporadic, but in general I find it tends to be a sign they aren't feeling well when they separate themselves from the flock.

can you catch her pooping...and get a pic of her poo?
(totally sounds crazy...but poo is a good indicator of health)

Back
Top Bottom