Sick Chicken?

vale123

Hatching
May 5, 2020
I have an Easter Egger Chicken which is laying practice eggs almost daily. Yesterday I realized that she was closing her eyes a lot. Went over to check on her, I pet her for about 5sec and then she opened her eyes with a shock and ran away. She is not unbalanced but her poop was very bubbly at the top though it was normal on the bottom. She didn't lay an egg yesterday and she hasn't laid one today when all the others have. Also last night she did not sleep where she normally does.

I would check her over if you can catch her. She might be acting strange because she is getting ready to lay eggs, but make sure that she is eating and drinking enough. I would insert a clean finger inside her vent an inch or two, to feel for a stuck egg. Look her over for lice and mites under her vent and belly. Consider worming her with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer. Make sure that she is not too hot.

I have checked her feather and she looks clear of lice, mites, and ticks but she would't let me examine her vent.

Back
Top Bottom