sick chicken!

faithfoley28

Hatching
Sep 22, 2021
i have a year and a half barred rock that had flystike on her bum. i helped her and have seen no more signs of it, but she still has a pale yellow face, is lethargic, and poops an insane amount of clear liquid out of her vent. is there anything i can do to help?

i have a year and a half barred rock that had flystike on her bum. i helped her and have seen no more signs of it, but she still has a pale yellow face, is lethargic, and poops an insane amount of clear liquid out of her vent. is there anything i can do to help?
Please post pictures. What have you already done?

@Wyorp Rock helped me with flystrike.

Please post pictures. What have you already done?

@Wyorp Rock helped me with flystrike.
9604E4A7-6E28-4E48-BBCE-E978EAFA94D2.jpeg
36FAB5FC-BC54-4C25-A36D-2CF009C73B5A.jpeg

she has gotten a warm bath with dog shampoo, and i gave her a enema with saline solution. she has no more signs of maggots, but has not regained her energy.

View attachment 2850464View attachment 2850465
she has gotten a warm bath with dog shampoo, and i gave her a enema with saline solution. she has no more signs of maggots, but has not regained her energy.
A picture of her wound is the most useful. I know it won't be pretty, but its important in order to analyze her condition. I have had quite a few cases of flystrike (unfortunately) and I highly recommend keeping her in a fly proof container. I kept my birds in a snake enclosure with well netted ventilation across the top.

What do you have on hand? Do you have ORIGINAL Neosporin with NO pain killer or Veterycin?

Is she eating? Check her crop to make sure that it empties in the morning. Try to get a picture of her poop and check if she is eating or drinking.

Back
Top Bottom