Sick chicken!

Alicebear

Hatching
Nov 7, 2022
Need advise. My chicken has been sick for around a couple of weeks. She is breathing with her mouth open and making a squeaky distressed call and sometimes comes across like she’s sneezing. She isn’t moving around as much but she’s still eating & drinking (less than before) We took her to the vet on Friday and they gave us some anti-inflammatory (Metacam) which is for dogs the vet says it’s not bird flu and she thinks she is thin. She said she is not hopeful and she thought she had no fight in her. I know she definitely knows best and is the professional however I think she does still have fight in her and she does seem to have perked up very slightly over the weekend.. any advise on what could be wrong or anything to help? We don’t want her to suffer but we also don’t want to put her down if we don’t have to.

Off of the information that you have given me, I can't really tell what's wrong with them, but I'd recommend separating her from the rest of your chickens, just in case it is viral, and keep her warm, give her fluids and food. as much as she'll take. What is her weight?

Back
Top Bottom