Sick chicken?

imjustme247

Chirping
Jul 14, 2022
My chicken is active very lethargic and had her mouth open it’s not hot here right nowwhen I picked her up that white substance came out of her butt and it is not poop. Does anyone have any idea? Is this a busted egg?
IMG_3198.jpeg
when I picked her up that white substance came out of her butt and it is not poop

Attachments

• IMG_3202.jpeg
    IMG_3202.jpeg
    890.3 KB · Views: 2
When was her last egg?

I'd be inclined to get Extra Calcium into her asap., she may be having some problems expelling an egg.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

If you don't have Calcium Citrate, you can give a TUMS until you can get the CC.

Work on hydration and do provide feed. It's a good idea to check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight.

The white she is expelling is "poop" it's just urates.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ng-from-vent-prolapse-oh-my-what-to-do.76124/

When was her last egg?

I'd be inclined to get Extra Calcium into her asap., she may be having some problems expelling an egg.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

If you don't have Calcium Citrate, you can give a TUMS until you can get the CC.

Work on hydration and do provide feed. It's a good idea to check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight.

The white she is expelling is "poop" it's just urates.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ng-from-vent-prolapse-oh-my-what-to-do.76124/
Thank you! I’m not sure when she layed last I’m thinking it was the day before yesterday okay I did just get more tums but I’ll run back out and get the calcium citrate. And I’ll work on her getting hydrated.

I'm glad she's doing better.
Has she expelled an egg?
Honestly, I’m not sure if that was the problem. She was acting normal around 10 am the next day and had a normal poop. Then later on in the day layed a normalish looking egg. So I don’t know. Regardless I’m glad she’s okay :)

Back
Top Bottom