Sick chicken

It sounds like he may be molting. Do you have any pictures of him? Molting chickens mope around and don’t eat as much. Make sure there are multiple water stations so that he will have an opportunity to drink often. What color is his poop? Is he kept with hens, chicks, or other roosters? You could feed him flock raiser feed for a little more protein, and limited calcium, which is good for non-layers and roosters. If he is with hens, you can put out crushed oyster shell for them to take as needed.
Yea he’s with a hen and I’ll send a picture

IMG_0113.jpeg
It sounds like he may be molting. Do you have any pictures of him? Molting chickens mope around and don’t eat as much. Make sure there are multiple water stations so that he will have an opportunity to drink often. What color is his poop? Is he kept with hens, chicks, or other roosters? You could feed him flock raiser feed for a little more protein, and limited calcium, which is good for non-layers and roosters. If he is with hens, you can put out crushed oyster shell for them to take as needed.
IMG_0114.jpeg

I have a 1 1/2 year old silked Serama rooster it is shedding its feathers his comb and wattle is pale his face is pale he isn’t have any breathing problems and doesn’t show any signs of having mareks disease but he is wobbly when you touch him and he’s hunched over he can walk but doesn’t have the effort to much his poop is also runny I noticed his ribs are showing and you can feel his rib line what is the problem? How can I fix this?
Where do you keep him?

Photos of his poop?

I'd work on getting him hydrated. If you have poultry vitamins, direct dose him with those.
Look him over for lice/mites and see that his crop is emptying overnight.

He would likely benefit from extra protein like egg, fish or meat as well. If possible, I'd feed him chick starter or an all flock feed.

Where do you keep him?

Photos of his poop?

I'd work on getting him hydrated. If you have poultry vitamins, direct dose him with those.
Look him over for lice/mites and see that his crop is emptying overnight.

He would likely benefit from extra protein like egg, fish or meat as well. If possible, I'd feed him chick starter or an all flock feed.
I keep him in a cage with his mates at night and in a large open pen outside during the day and would that mean a fried egg?

Back
Top Bottom