Sick Chicken

shari H

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 23, 2012
Thanksgiving morning, I woke up to find my 1 top hat chicken to be dragging its neck on the ground and not being able to walk really well. I brought it inside and I kept seeing it struggle to pick up its neck. The chicken slept the rest of the day not drinking or eating. The next day I saw her getting a little better and starting to pick her neck up a little more but mostly sleeps. Has anybody encountered this problem? Does anyone know know cure for this?

thanks,shari

welcome-byc.gif

Is she vaccinated for mareks, coccidiosis, and newcastles?

Probably not I was given them as a gift my other chicks are vaccinated. The batch of top hats came from a chicken farm
were they eat chickens not sure would have to call and find out.

shari

ok so another top hat chicken is doing the same thing . could they just be deficient in vitamins? The first top hat has shown some improvement after I gave it antibiotics and vitamin e. Does this happen when they get to cold? could this be just a virus or wry neck?
is wry neck genetic or can it spread?

thanks,shari

You have to quarantine those chickens fast. Don't let it spread. There is no cure for mareks. But you can prevent it though. Its too late for that now. Just hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom