HELP: Same Bird Still Struggling

She’s still holding on!!! Flathead is very light though and we want her to gain weight so she can recover faster. Any ideas how we can help her gain weight fast but also safely?

The vitamins have helped a lot. She can walk but still struggles with coordination. She eats too, but not a lot

You can try hand feeding her a few times a day. Give her her normal feed. If she's struggling with coordination and still has Wry Neck symptoms, then she just may not be able to pick up enough feed to eat.
Giving a wet mash may be easier for her to eat as well.

I noticed today that Flathead has a black tongue. I read that this is a sign of a B3 niacin deficiency. I am giving her sunflower seeds to supplement this but is there any other way to give her more vitamin B3?

I noticed today that Flathead has a black tongue. I read that this is a sign of a B3 niacin deficiency. I am giving her sunflower seeds to supplement this but is there any other way to give her more vitamin B3?
Can you post photos of the inside of her beak and of her tongue?

If you have been giving her B-Complex as suggested, she's already getting extra B3 (Niacin). But if you feel she may need more, then you may find the article below helpful, he lists sources of B3.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.75862/

Back
Top Bottom