I need help identifying what’s wrong with my chicken (please respond)

Chickennnn

Hatching
Apr 4, 2024
I’m not sure if my chicken is egg bound, she has been panting/breathing heavily with her mouth CLOSED, she’s been walking wobbly always behind the other chickens through she seems very enthusiastic trying to catch up but her body is struggling. I’m not sure when was the last time she laid an egg, but she seemed like she was trying to lay an egg but when I checked the eggs they don’t look like the ones she lay. Is there any way to help, what is wrong with my chicken?

Please reply fast, I am very worried

Welcome To BYC

I'm sorry your hen is not doing well.

How old is she?
Is she pooping? What's that like?

Can you feel an egg inside the vent?

If you feel she's egg bound or having a hard time laying an egg, then it won't hurt to give her Extra Calcium for a couple of days.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

Check her crop to see if it's emptying, look inside her beak to make sure it's clear of any mucous or canker. Look her over for lice/mites.

It's hard to know what's going on with her. If you have photos you wish to share that would be good.

A video of how she acts/breaths can be helpful too. Upload video to YouTube and provide a link.

she’s two years old and she’s pooping tiny liquid form of poop. We tried to feel if there’s an egg stuck there, but I couldn’t feel anything. We had a chicken expert neighbor, she said something is definitely there so we gave her multiple Epsom salt baths, I doubt she has any lice or mites. And tysm for your advices, I’ve been giving her calcium and she seems to be getting better, I’ll check on her tmr again. :’)

Back
Top Bottom