Sick Chicken

ByGodsGrace

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 28, 2013
Toledo, OH
I have a 6mth old Golden Comet (Nugget) she started laying eggs about 2 wks ago. Recently, I found an egg or the white yolk and a long piece of the skin under the shell. My Nugget does free range as well as oyster shells and feed. Anyway, the next day no egg was laid, the day after that I got just the yolk, the next day an egg without a shell and day before yesterday I got an egg with a very thin shell and yesterday a normal egg. However, Today she did not want out of the coop with the rest of the chickens and is acting as though she is very tired standing in the same spot with her eyes closed. And soiled her vent area with runny poo. She is the first chicken I have ever owned...am I doing something wrong? Are my other chickens at risk and will she be ok? Help please!!!!

Would it be possible to post a pic of the poop she is having?
Hope someone will be able to help!

Try looking up Egg Drop Syndrome. Symptoms include thin-shelled and shell-less eggs, diarrhea, and a dull appearance.

Last edited:
Her poop is almost water with green and white similar to the pellets she eats. I looked up the egg thing and I felt for a stuck egg. I feel nothing. She has been separated for the last three days now I get no eggs. still don't feel any and am starting to think the egg problem wasn't hers at all. Maybe she hasn't been the egg layer since I never actually saw which one did lay the eggs. and today I got my normal 2 eggs from the coop...she was not in...I don't know. She is still much the same and as I was sad for her poopy butt I soaked her in a warm bath. And now I have a new problem. While washing her I discovered she has little yellow and red bugs on her. I looked it up and it is bird lice. I also have some on me now. I am going to the store to buy Sevin and DE I hope I can find it in the city. Not sure if it will help me. Maybe the bugs are what is making her sick, I pray that is it...since that is curable.

Back
Top Bottom