Sick Chickens

km759

Hatching
Sep 26, 2015

Hello, Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this chicken? I gave her boss seeds. Do you think she has mites? She is still laying eggs. I have another wyndotte. I think she is egg bound. I soaked her in warm water and cleaned her but I am afraid to do anything. what shoud I do to help her? thanks any help would be great.

Welcome to BYC!
Your photo is a bit blurry and you don't really say what your specific concern is - there does appear to be some bare spot(s) on the birds neck, is that the concern?

My other chicken is real sluggish. She hasnt laid an egg in a few days. I tried soaking her in warm water and cleaned her up a little bit. but you can tell she isnt right. I cant see anything but I do think she has an egg stuck. what can i do to help her?

welcome-byc.gif

My other chicken is real sluggish. She hasnt laid an egg in a few days. I tried soaking her in warm water and cleaned her up a little bit. but you can tell she isnt right. I cant see anything but I do think she has an egg stuck. what can i do to help her?
Have you gently palpated her from the outside to see if you feel an egg like mass near the vent? You can also wash, glove (if you want) and lube a finger - gently insert it in her vent about an inch or so and see if you encounter an egg. Is she walking like a penguin, squatting and straining, etc?

Back
Top Bottom