Sick chicks...leg problems?

KathyM4

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Hoping someone might be able to help me out. We bought 27 chicks from McMurray at the beginning of the month. All were doing great till just this week when I noticed one could not stand up. I took him out and put him in his own box. But then I noticed 3 more. Then another 1. They all act like they are drunk. They try to stand and fall over and stumble around. 2 won't even stand up on their feet, they stand with their legs bent then after a few seconds they fall over. One can't stay awake. Other than that they all look healthy.

I have them all in a separate box. McMurray told me to try giving them Terramycin and offered to refund my money for them.

Anyone have any clue what could be wrong and what I should do for them?

Thanks!
Kathy

Kathy, Check out this thread if you haven't yet, and see if you see any similarities. There rae other threads too, but this one is the most extensive/longest.

Index » Raising Baby Chicks » mcmurry sick chicks please post here

I'm sorry your babies are not well.
JJ

Thank you,

I saw some of the other posts on the emergencies board after I posted this. Sounds like our problems are the same as several others.

Guess I'll just keep doing what I am and hope no others get sick. I have one more I'm thinking might be getting there...she's acting a bit funny but nothing like what the others are doing.

All the others seems as healthy as can be. I've even got one that's a little terd...can't wait to see what she's like when she grows up!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom