Sick chicks

I put them back in the brooder. The perky one immediately started eating and playing with the others, but the other one is still standing with her eyes closed. I'm worried that she might be going down the same path as the other one that I lost earlier tonight. I've had them for less than a day, and one died and another is acting lethargic. I'm afraid that she might not make it, no matter what I do. I'm gonna check on them in the morning and see how they're doing. Hopefully, both will be fine.

Attachments

• 0312210400.jpg
    0312210400.jpg
    945.1 KB · Views: 1
I put them back in the brooder. The perky one immediately started eating and playing with the others, but the other one is still standing with her eyes closed. I'm worried that she might be going down the same path as the other one that I lost earlier tonight. I've had them for less than a day, and one died and another is acting lethargic. I'm afraid that she might not make it, no matter what I do. I'm gonna check on them in the morning and see how they're doing. Hopefully, both will be fine.
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. I wish for the best!

Now the other chick isn't feeling so hot. She's laying down and acting very lethargic like her sister. That on my leaves one healthy bantam chick out of the 3 that I originally got.

I don't have any sugar, but I did give her some raw egg yolk and water. The closest thing I'd have to electrolytes would be salt water or old Gatorade.

There have been at least three other users that have had these same problems with chicks from tsc, it seems that this last shipment hasn’t been doing well, still not sure if it is a problem with the chicks or something happened during shipping that’s caused this.

I would contact the tsc and see if they have had any other chicks like this or reports of other customers with the same problem. Also find out what hatchery they came from, I’m pretty sure most tsc use Hoover’s now.

They said if I bring the receipt within 24 hours, they'd give me another chick. At least the other bantam chick and the Emerald gems that I got yesterday are doing ok so far.

She died yesterday. Fortunately, the place where I got her was willing to give me 2 new chicks to replace the ones that died. I think they might have gotten sick during shipment bc all of the tiny ones like her were standing with their eyes closed and chirping.

I put the 2 new ones in a small tank with a heat lamp and gave them some electrolyte water that I mixed up. It seems like they've perked up a bit, but they like to sleep a lot and seem to be a bit lethargic, but not on an alarming level. Its more of a "probably sick baby" level. I also fed them mush. One of them will willingly eat it off a spoon, but the other isn't as interested, so I force fed her. I've done it before and I was gentle and careful not to cause any unnecessary harm to her. She seems to have perked up a bit after eating.

I also decided to put the other baby in with the new ones. I think thry meed a little more heat than the bigger chicks, but they get too hot, so having all 3 together will let me keep them warm and cozy without overheating the others. I left chick food out for them so thry could eat, but will still try the mush at least once a day until I see improvement in them. Hopefully, they'll all recover and become more active adter a while.

One if the babies doesn't look so good right now. She's sleeping a lot and keeps her eyes closed, even when I pick her up. I fed her and gave her some electrolyte water, but I don't know if she'll make it. Her sisters seem to be ok, but she doesn't look so good.

Back
Top Bottom