Sick coturnix

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
This chick is having labored breathing cant or wont walk like it has no energy at all. Brooder is at 93 with 25 more in brooder doing fine. Ive lost 4 others earlier this week the same way. Any suggestions as to what it is or how to combat it? This chick is a week old today.

Last edited:
I lost one today too similar situation. 1 week old all doing good but I had noticed the past couple of days one was a runt didn't move much like it did a couple of days ago. It still was walking and moving when I cleaned the brooder this morning but this evening it was trying to walk and barely could hop. I put it's head in the feeder and it ate like crazy, gave it some water and it didn't really drink much. Watched it for a bit and it was struggling so hard to get up and move I was afraid the bigger birds was going to start attacking it as they kept picking at it a bit. Put it down so it wouldn't suffer. Now 3 days ago I did have one jump out of the brooder that is 35 inches off the ground and hit the floor but I picked it up and did not see any ones not running around. Hope that is the only one but any of you gurus that can chime in would be great.

I got it in my bator by itself with the heat on it hasnt changed its still just laying like death is close i dunno thinking i should probably just dispatch to keep suffering down

Back
Top Bottom