Sick crow

peafowl_Lover

Songster
Aug 22, 2023
Ireland
Hi I don't know where i should post this, I found a soaked crow in my field so I brought him to the house and put him in a box with wood shavings, does anyone know what I should do with it?
17074994360242402938047583054820.jpg

The first step is often to identify or collect info about the species

This is not a crow. Is a Rook in my opinion. Corvus frugilegus. Maybe a young bird, the beak seems black instead grey and looks too skinny.

Must be kept warm to restore forces, it should be easy to feed also. I wouldn't release it too soon until their fat reserves are replenished a little and don't die by the winter

Will gladly accept to be feed with grains like wheat, kitchen scraps of meat, fish or vegetables will be also great. In the wild they eat a lot of invertebrates and chase mice, but in winter they mostly eat grain and fruits

If the bird is soaked, use a hair dryer or towels ASAP. Careful with your fingers. Gloves advised.

Last edited:
Will eat alone, but if is friendly you can stimulate it to eat with pliers.

[In the photo it seems that the nose area is naked, but is not very clear. if there are feathers over the upper beak, then you guessed right and is a crow instead. Crows are more carnivorous, but they will eat plants also].

Back
Top Bottom