Sick duck—coccidiosis or something else?

Dosages are not always in favor of convenience, unfortunately. If dosing all eight capsules at once is too much, you can split it up throughout the day ( four for each in the morning, four at night). If you have tube feeding supplies, you can break the capsules up into the water, and directly gavage the mixture into their crop. Activated charcoal is not toxic unless given in extremely large quantities.

It does have a lot of great information, but a *lot* of their dosages are incorrect. :(
Oh, thanks for informing me!

Thank you both of you (well, everyone). I’ve successfully given the charcoal pills one dose each (easier than I thought!) and tube fed an electrolyte solution to the first duck who had stopped drinking, and some crumble mixed with water to the second duck. I guess I’ll just keep alternating with these. We’ll see what happens.

Thank you both of you (well, everyone). I’ve successfully given the charcoal pills one dose each (easier than I thought!) and tube fed an electrolyte solution to the first duck who had stopped drinking, and some crumble mixed with water to the second duck. I guess I’ll just keep alternating with these. We’ll see what happens.
Well done with the charcoal! I find pills to be super easy, myself. :)

I honestly didn’t think Lemony (the first one) would make it through the night—she was barely holding her head up. But she did. They both seem about the same this morning, maybe a little better. So that’s hopeful. How many days should I do the charcoal?

The Baytril shipped yesterday, 3 day shipping so we’ll see how they are when it gets here.

I honestly didn’t think Lemony (the first one) would make it through the night—she was barely holding her head up. But she did. They both seem about the same this morning, maybe a little better. So that’s hopeful. How many days should I do the charcoal?

The Baytril shipped yesterday, 3 day shipping so we’ll see how they are when it gets here.

I would continue it for one, or two more days.

Back
Top Bottom