Sick Duck - help!

mamaduck83

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2019
My blue runner seemed to be limping last week. I kept my eye on her but still let her go out foraging and to the creek with the rest of the flock. A few days went by and there wasn't any improvement; in fact it worsened, so I took her aside and put her in her own pen away from the others. I figured maybe it was a sprain as I have had this happen to other ducks in the past. As the days went by she got worse and what has me worried now is that she doesn't have an appetite. She completely stopped eating and will only drink if I force it. It seems she is also going completely lame and I have no idea what's going on! She doesn't want to stand anymore at all.

Help!!

My blue runner seemed to be limping last week. I kept my eye on her but still let her go out foraging and to the creek with the rest of the flock. A few days went by and there wasn't any improvement; in fact it worsened, so I took her aside and put her in her own pen away from the others. I figured maybe it was a sprain as I have had this happen to other ducks in the past. As the days went by she got worse and what has me worried now is that she doesn't have an appetite. She completely stopped eating and will only drink if I force it. It seems she is also going completely lame and I have no idea what's going on! She doesn't want to stand anymore at all.

Help!!
Have you looked at the bottoms of her feet for bumblefoot?

Help!!

Picture of the bottom of her feet, and her would be great. What are you feeding her?

Thank you for the replies. She didn't make it through the night last night. :-( I had been supplementing her with nutritional yeast and probiotics but couldn't really get her to eat. I didn't see any signs of bumble foot. Sad duck mama here today.

Back
Top Bottom