Sick Duck!!!

Pics
That looks like his oil gland if it's on top at end of his body where tail meets his body.

If that is yellow around it than it's def his oil gland and very normal.
It hasn’t been like that before it’s huse above his skin and it’s about a half inch in length I’ll try and take another picture when he’s allowing me too or when I have help later and thank you so much He’s my first duck Obviously but I wouldn’t trade him for the world I just don’t want him to be in pain and the vets here no nothing about ducks! I have a Park next to me that hasall kinds of ducks I’m going to see who cares for them there

Ok the best way formerly describe this thing protruding out of his sky n is it looks just like a candy corn n Halloween.The smaller pointer part is in his skin under the skin.Thewider part is on the top and it looks like he pluck a piece of skin and it turned into a huge ingrownhair cause it does not bothermeandmt son

Ok the best way formerly describe this thing protruding out of his sky n is it looks just like a candy corn n Halloween.The smaller pointer part is in his skin under the skin.Thewider part is on the top and it looks like he pluck a piece of skin and it turned into a huge ingrownhair cause it does not bothermeandmt son

preening is when they use their bill to put their oil on their feathers, and to straighten out their feathers

Anas_platyrhynchos_cleaning.gif

Anas_platyrhynchos_cleaning.gif

see where she keeps sticking her bill just above her tail?
thats where her oil gland is

Back
Top Bottom