Sick duckling

duck brain

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 13, 2012
One of my ducklings that i hatched the other day is very listless. All that he wants to do is sleep under the heat lamp, while the other two in with him tun around and eat and drink. He won't even eat. He's been this way since yesterday afternoon, before that he was eating and drinking.

One of the other ducklings from this clutch had a huge bellybutton, that's the only way i can think of to describe it, but now that is gone, but he has a very hard time standing and keeping his balance. This one won't eat either.

I'm really confused, the other two seem just fine! Running around, eating, drinking, making a mess out of their water, while the other two don't seem to do anything! What happened? What should i do?

Are you sure that your duckling isn't spraddle legged? I currently have one that behaved as you described, and after careful inspection discovered that he couldn't walk. Isolated and hobbled it, sat it close to food and water both laced heavily with Niacin. It seems to be recovering.

no, he wasn't spraddled legged. But i guess it doesn't matter, cuz Seaver, the listless one, is gone, and Lucky, the one who had the bellybutton, is going. He keeps shaking and convulsing. He can't move at all. Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom