Sick EE! HELP! Now more info!

LindseyM12

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2009
North Carolina
I have a sick EE and I dont know what to do...
She will not eat or drink and she stands around puffed up in one place all day.
I have her inside because there was a really bad storm and I knew she was bad off already.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ETA: She has been like this for two days.

Last edited:
How old is she?

If she's a relatively young chicken, from chick up to several months, she might have Cocci. Have you noticed any blood in her poop? Can you give us any more information on your girl?

1) What type of bird , age and weight. ------ Easter Egger, A litte over 1 and a 1/2 yrs, 1lb 9 and 3/4oz
2) What is the behavior, exactly. ------ VERY tired and stays in one place all day long. Does not eat or drink at all. All puffed up.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Almost 3 days
4) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. ------ No
5) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. ------ Not that I know of
6) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. ------ Not eating
7) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. ------- No poop
8) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? ------ Nothing
9 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? ----- Want to do it by myself
10) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help. ------ No wound
11) Describe the housing/bedding in use. ------ Nice, clean 10x10 coop with 12 other chickens and nice air flow, Pine shavings

Last edited:
Sorry, all the game playing threads keep knocking things back a lot.
roll.png

Has she laid an egg lately? Feel her abdomen and see if you can feel a stuck egg.

Also, you said no poop? How does her crop look and feel? She may have an impacted crop. Do a search, I've never had to deal with it and can't really advise you on treatment.

Hope you can get her better!

You said no poop? How does her crop look and feel?

Also, have you palpated her abdomen to see if she might be eggbound?

Back
Top Bottom