Sick feral chick pooped out a long white worm

Not sure if anyone will read this but I just wanted to share some progress with our birb!
She knocked on death's door multiple times and then turned right around :love I am so proud of her.

0526.jpeg

0529.jpeg

1623702112703.jpeg

1623702117785.jpeg

1623702126560.jpeg

1623702132446.jpeg

1623702151912.jpeg

1623702155998.jpeg

Happy to hear! Is she still good to this day?
Yes! The last picture is her today (marked 6/14). She is eating fine, breathing fine, and pooping fine. Her dry pox lesions have mostly fallen off and her wet pox lesions have completely cleared from her throat! Also, no more eye worms. She is finally starting to open her eyes, but cannot see. When she opens her eyes, I can see the swollen nictitating membrane covering her eyes. But when I shine light into her eyes I do see some photosensitivity, so I have hope that she will be able to see when she's fully healed 🥰

Last edited:
Yes! The last picture is her today (marked 6/14). She is eating fine, breathing fine, and pooping fine. Her dry pox lesions have mostly fallen off and her wet pox lesions have completely cleared from her throat! She is finally starting to open her eyes, but cannot see. When she opens her eyes, I can see the swollen nictitating membrane covering her eyes. But when I shine light into her eyes I do see some photosensitivity, so I have hope that she will be able to see when she's fully healed 🥰
Good thing you didn’t listen to That terrible vet and euthanized her.

Good thing you didn’t listen to That terrible vet and euthanized her.
I know right, and that was when I brought her in on 5/26 (first pic). Imagine what he would have said if I brought her in on 5/31 or 6/7 😂

Speaking of vets, @casportpony and @dawg53 were completely right about the tapeworm. That terrible vet didn't even prescribe the correct medication for the tapeworm. It did clear a lot from her intestines and she's been steadily gaining weight, but I saw another tapeworm today in her morning poop so I need to re-treat her for that.

I know right, and that was when I brought her in on 5/26 (first pic). Imagine what he would have said if I brought her in on 5/31 or 6/7 😂

Speaking of vets, @casportpony and @dawg53 were completely right about the tapeworm. That terrible vet didn't even prescribe the correct medication for the tapeworm. It did clear a lot from her intestines and she's been steadily gaining weight, but I saw another tapeworm today in her morning poop so I need to re-treat her for that.
You're using Equimax, correct?

Within one week after joining BYC, I've consider them " Experts". They're knowledge is incredible and their devotion like others on BYC is FANTASTIC!!! I love reading and always learning something from them. Truely a Godsend to BYC.

Within one week after joining BYC, I've consider them " Experts". They're knowledge is incredible and their devotion like others on BYC is FANTASTIC!!! I love reading and always learning something from them. Truely a Godsend to BYC.
This is very true. I’ve gotten so much help from everyone here and I’m truly grateful. You guys are the reason our little one is still alive! Without you guys I would have been an absolute lost cause. Thanks so much 🥰

Back
Top Bottom