Sick frizzle!!

southernhens15

In the Brooder
Nov 8, 2015
Louisiana
Just bought a frizzle hen yesterday, it was very cold and rainy yesterday. I had her in a kennel in the back of my truck with a tarp covering them from the wind as much as I could! I noticed when I got her home, she was doing some sneezing and kind of rattling noises, I brought her inside and blow dried her and gave her food and water. She is eating and drinking, acting like a normal chicken but she is still doing the sneezing and rattling sound. Could she have just got maybe a little upper respiratory deal from being cold and wet?? Thank y'all in advance!

Keep her separated from your other chickens for a minimum of 30 days. She sounds like she could have symptoms of a respiratory disease such as infectious bronchitis, MG, or another. These things can be very bad to expose your flock to, since they can become carriers for life. It's unfortunate, but some people don't mind selling birds who are sick. Any stress can cause symptoms to appear. I would get her tested if you can contact your local extension service, or your state vet.

Back
Top Bottom