SICK GOAT , Know what it is?

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
I currently own 2 goats, a pure bred pygmy and a 1/3 pygmy.

My 1/3 pygmy Cry Baby is around 7 months old. She has started to have this sort of hacking cough. Like she'll be just standing there or after she has had a good run she will just start hacking. I dont think she ate anything weird . Im not sure what has caused it. I gave her 5 cc's(as prescribed) of "goat yogurt", an antibiotic. Its supposed to stable her system.

Any ideas what this hacking cough is?

Lung worms? I hope not. Im not sure what that is exactly. Her only symptom (besides not wanting to listen to me) is the coughing.

No, but we havent had time to go out and buy more hay so we are using the hay we get when we move the yard with the tractor. It is a little dusty, but how much do i wet it? I dont want it to mold and become bad for them or the ducks that share the pen.

I think you would only wet it as you feed it to them. If you use square bales and say you fed two flakes a day, you would just wet those two flakes.

If you wet too much at one time and it wasn't eaten, then it could mold. But if you just wet the daily rations, you should have a problem.

-Kim

Thanks, I talked to My mom about it and she thinks that the hacking started before we cut the grass. So it might be something else.

Back
Top Bottom