Sick Golden Sex Link help

Do you see any bubbles or foam in her eye? Do you have a picture of her blood in her droppings? I would continue the Corid 2 tsp per gallon of water or 1/2 tsp per quart for 5-7 days as the only water source and in her chicken feed. Could she have swallowed something that caused the blood in her poops? Has she been out on grass for most of her life? Has she ever been wormed? Is she eating and drinking?
Hi again. Can you please help with Safeguard 0.5% pellet dose? I don't believe she she even weighs a kg. My guess would be 1.5lbs. My calculation is 125mg just a few pellets by weight. On here someone is saying 10-50mg/ kg. That wouldn't even be one of these pellets. I don't want to harm her! She went outside this morning alone & scratched & ate grass...she even took a dust bath & opened her eye twice briefly but today is the first day she didn't lay an egg. This is her 2nd day of Denagard in her water. 2 poops more liquid than poop last night. After eating grass & grit this morning, 2 small but beautiful & healthy poops. Thank you if you can help.

Attachments

• 20231022_144430.jpg
    20231022_144430.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 2
No I can’t help with the pellets dosage. It is not for chickens, and they would have to eat the right dosage. I can only tell you the dosage for the SafeGuard liquid goat wormer or horse paste. Maybe @casportpony could give you an idea.

So my Blondie seems to be all better....she is going outside daily & her is open all the time now. (this pic is when it was still closing some) She is hard to get a pic of now & I want to work on getting her back in the flock. There seems to be some permanent discoloration around that eye. Would that be from the terramycin or colloid silver drops we used after. Also she does have a cloudy spot on her eye towards her body seen in this picture. Is that partial blindness? Still have no idea what her sickness was but she is recovered.

Attachments

• 20231025_081205.jpg
    20231025_081205.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom