Sick Guinea Pig Please help

SpotTheCat

Herding cats
Jan 19, 2021
UK
I went to feed the animals this morning and found on of my guinea pigs sitting on the floor wobbling slightly, I took him indoors and warmed him up I also syringe fed him some warm water with a bit of sugar and salt in it, when I took him in he just floped on his side and struggled a bit he has gotten a bit better, he has eaten some mushed up pellets but he is still very limp he can’t stand up and just pushes him self a long, he also twists his head weirdly when he tries to eat.
He was fine last night and has eaten all the hay and greens I gave him last night

I would guess he has pneumonia. Pneumonia is a common cause of illness in guinea pigs. If so, he needs antibiotics. You might be able to get some at a pet supply or feed store.

I would guess he has pneumonia. Pneumonia is a common cause of illness in guinea pigs. If so, he needs antibiotics. You might be able to get some at a pet supply or feed store.
I don’t think it is that. To late now any way don’t think he will last much longer and all the shops are closed

Back
Top Bottom