Sick Hen...not sure what it is or what to do...

D-worm by Farnam Pet Products
dog/puppy & cat/kitten
piperazine 4.25 grams per 100 ml
2-2 1/2 lbs or less 1/4 teaspoon

for roundworms: toxocara canis, toxacaris leonina, toxocara cati

I also have TAPEWORM pills for cats/kittens:
for common tapeworm
23 mg praziquantel per tablet
4 lbs and under: 1/2 tablet

Jolie is MAYBE a pound...she's a bantam. I'd have to weigh her to be sure. I'm a pretty good judge though after working with preemie humans. ;-)

**I am fine with figuring out doses and turning pills into a soluble liquid. **We have recently treated all 4 dogs and 2 cats for tapeworms, after witnessing one cat with active worms

You guys are really the best. i so appreciate your help.

I copied this from another thread here on BYC.....

For Wazine 17 (piperazine 17%) you use one ounce wazine per one gallon of water. Or two measuring spoon Tablespoons of wazine per one gallon. Give as their sole source of water for 24 hours. Then remove from the coop. Retreat in 14 days with wazine, or consider treating them with a more broad spectrum wormer like fenbendazole, levamisole, or ivermectin.

I HOPE this helps..LOL

THANK YOU!!!!!

I just checked on Jolie...she was sitting beside her sister Angelina, and when I peeked into the hen house they both lifted their heads up high in greeting. she LOOKS less lethargic.

I'll treat their water with the piperazine this morning :) and hope it helps.

Merry Christmas!

Thanks for jumping in there geek, worms / external parasites tops the list. We see what the morning brings.....
fl.gif

No problem; improvisation has become an ordinary part of my every day, so stores bein' closed rarely hinders me much ~'-)

We had a sausage and egg casserole for our Christmas breakfast :) 4 chicken egg, 3 Runner duck eggs.

Best news...Jolie seems to be acting totally normal today...

We had a sausage and egg casserole for our Christmas breakfast :) 4 chicken egg, 3 Runner duck eggs.

Best news...Jolie seems to be acting totally normal today...

Best I can figure? My habit of opening windows 'n walkin' off for a while caused me to miss your posts completely. Glad you had your bases covered, as I'da hated feelin' I'd let ya down by failin' to respond ... most importantly, though, I'm glad she's decided to let your Christmas be a happy day ~'-)

Back
Top Bottom