Sick hen.. or not??

I don’t see much in the video to comment on except she is swallowing something that is in her throat. It could be a little mucus, but hard to know. I would just try to make sure that she is not kept from food. Probiotics could be helpful for her droppings, or you could also treat her with Corid in case of coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5 days. She can also have a boost of undiluted Corid 0.5 ml once a day.

I don’t see much in the video to comment on except she is swallowing something that is in her throat. It could be a little mucus, but hard to know. I would just try to make sure that she is not kept from food. Probiotics could be helpful for her droppings, or you could also treat her with Corid in case of coccidiosis. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5 days. She can also have a boost of undiluted Corid 0.5 ml once a day.
She pooped this. Does this look like poop of those with coccidiosis or internal parasites?

Attachments

• 77CF5F40-BC39-46DD-9AA6-95E118D1ED0F.jpeg
    77CF5F40-BC39-46DD-9AA6-95E118D1ED0F.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 1
The green poop solids could be from not eating much, but the mucus could be from pretty much any illness. I have seen similar poops from hens who had a reproductive disorder. Your vet could do a fecal float to test for worms and coccidiosis. Corid is not harmful to treat for possible coccidiosis. Worming with Valbazen or SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer is very safe as well.

Back
Top Bottom