SICK HEN PLEASE HELP!

I also have two cockatiels and was wondering if this can be contagious to them as well. I have been washing my hands as soon as I’m done handling my hens but wondering if I should do something more to protect them as well.
Coccidiosis is species specific.

When I came out this morning I thought she was dead. She’s barely moving she’s sitting in my lap I feed her but she keeps falling asleep. She has very labored breathing and at one point was gasping for breath. I got Corid and put it in her water and also mixed some of that water with her mush. Please help I don’t know what to do! :hit

She seems to be more alert. She’s still laying down but every few minutes if my dog walks by she perks her head up for a few seconds and looks around. (My dog is great with my chickens by the way)

I’m staying home today to sit with her. Her legs seem to be either weak or not working. She can’t really stand

Attachments

• 689DA923-B10B-4182-B826-75BD44CF60BD.jpeg
    689DA923-B10B-4182-B826-75BD44CF60BD.jpeg
    732.5 KB · Views: 2
I’m staying home today to sit with her. Her legs seem to be either weak or not working. She can’t really stand
I’m so sorry this is exactly what happened to my chicken if you’ve got it early enough she will survive. What do you need to do is sit with her all day check on her and make sure she’s breathing. Feed her and make her drink from a spoon if you can’t make her drink any other way. If you’ve got it early enough she will survive if you do this.

Back
Top Bottom