sick hen poop. Please help!

lolknits

Hatching
Jun 22, 2015

So 8 weeks ago I treated our flock for coccidiosis, only one hen was ill at the time, she stopped laying and pretty much didn't move at all with white watery poop. After they were treated she made a full recovery. Then she went in to moult, her comb is pink and she's laying shell less eggs. I thought this was normal when they moult then two days I saw ther and another of the hens looking a bit lethargic not for too long, the rest of the time they were pecking about as normal. Today I saw two of them fluffed up in a corner with this poop ↑ behind them!
Can someone give me some advice please? I feel like I've exhausted google trying to find out whats wrong. They were wormed 3 months ago, they're completely free range and they're not the friendliest of birds so I can't getclose enough to pick them up to give them a once over. Could it be coccidiosis again?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

So 8 weeks ago I treated our flock for coccidiosis, only one hen was ill at the time, she stopped laying and pretty much didn't move at all with white watery poop. After they were treated she made a full recovery. Then she went in to moult, her comb is pink and she's laying shell less eggs. I thought this was normal when they moult then two days I saw ther and another of the hens looking a bit lethargic not for too long, the rest of the time they were pecking about as normal. Today I saw two of them fluffed up in a corner with this poop ↑ behind them!
Can someone give me some advice please? I feel like I've exhausted google trying to find out whats wrong. They were wormed 3 months ago, they're completely free range and they're not the friendliest of birds so I can't getclose enough to pick them up to give them a once over. Could it be coccidiosis again?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Did you ever find out the cause? I am having the same poop in one of my hens.

Back
Top Bottom