Sick Hen send help

Lob21

Chirping
Sep 28, 2019
I currently have two turkeys right now, a Tom and a Hen. The hen is having some problems right now. She is having watery feces and she is throwing up. The vomit is looks like a water but a little white. Yesterday I realized that she wasn't eating but she drank and ate this morning. Her feces is watery and green. She is also not laying any eggs. She appears to be very sick and closes her eyes often and she is also having some trouble keeping her balance sometimes. I was thinking that it might b worms or ticks. Please help.

Welcome to BYC.

How old is she and what exactly have you been feeding her?
Also... Have you ever dewormed her?

Welcome to BYC.

How old is she and what exactly have you been feeding her?
Also... Have you ever dewormed her?
I would say that she is about a year or a year and 1/2. Honestly I'm not sure because my family got her from a guy who has many turkeys. To my knowledge we have not dewormed her. I'll look into doing that.

I would say that she is about a year or a year and 1/2. Honestly I'm not sure because my family got her from a guy who has many turkeys. To my knowledge we have not dewormed her. I'll look into doing that.
What do you feed her?

For what it is worth. I use 2 to 3 dros of Orageno Oil in drinking water and never have or had a sick bird. If you do not have the Oil try dried Oragno leaves and let her consume what she wants, I do not raise Turkies just Chickens

We feed her deer corn and sometimes MG feed. We just got some grounded up corn for them as well. Mostly deer corn though
Corn is not a suitable feed for turkeys unless you are trying to fatten them up for processing. It is a high fat and low protein feed that does not contain the essential nutrients they need. If available get her some All Flock or Flock Raiser feed. Try to see if she is suffering from an impacted crop. The watery feces are due to high water intake and low food volume passing through.

For what it is worth. I use 2 to 3 dros of Orageno Oil in drinking water and never have or had a sick bird. If you do not have the Oil try dried Oragno leaves and let her consume what she wants, I do not raise Turkies just Chickens
For what it is worth, I raise turkeys and I do not give them any oregano oil. I do not have and have not had any sick turkeys but I do feed them the proper feed with the proper nutrients. I also raise chickens without any issues or any oregano oil.

Back
Top Bottom