Sick hen white poop won't open eye HELP!

Hollywood Chickens

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
Florida
a week ago my neighbor tented their house, we brought the chickens in for the recommended time, and now one of the hens can't open her eye and is pooping cottage cheese, she is not skinny and until this morning she was eating and laying just fine any ideas??
could it be a kidney problem??
Thank you in advice.

Tenting, is when they put a 'tent' over the house and fill it with Vikane and fluoride gas to kill termites and other pests, it is very toxic and the pesticide companies say that you have to bring your pets in for 2 days, which we did.

she is getting worse, she won't eat and is collapsing, she is 11 months old and is my best layer.
I PMed threehorses but I have not heard back yet.
does anyone know what I can do?

You know the bird might have eaten a bug that was contaminated with the poison that the neighbors used. Of course seeing a vet is what is needed.
Sometimes we can't diagnose everything our selves. But if its not possible maybe the electrolytes that you use in the water for chickens might make sure they don't get dehydrated till you can get to the vet. If they won't drink you might have to use a syringe to make sure the bird is hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom