Sick hen??

shailey

Songster
5 Years
Sep 11, 2017
I noticed my one year old hen has gotten pretty light, shes been lighter for a few mouths.. and she also has a flopped over chrest.. she is still vary active and moving fine with the rest of her flock. is she okay or is this some type of disease?

Will she eat for you if you offer some chopped egg, or some wet chicken feed? Is she having runny poops or any with blood or mucus? Does she lay eggs? Can you feel of her crop to check if there is food in it, and again early in the morning to see if it has emptied?I s she low in pecking order, and do you have more than one feeder and waterer in different locations?

Will she eat for you if you offer some chopped egg, or some wet chicken feed? Is she having runny poops or any with blood or mucus? Does she lay eggs? Can you feel of her crop to check if there is food in it, and again early in the morning to see if it has emptied?I s she low in pecking order, and do you have more than one feeder and waterer in different locations?
No blood in her poo, as far as i can tell, no runny poo. Im pretty sure she lays, but with 22 hens its hard to tell.. we have one water that i move every day. They eat off of a platter so they can scratch it and such.. shes mot low in the peaked order, and my hens dont pick on each other much.. she took the egg as soon as i offered it too her..

Back
Top Bottom