sick hen

It would be really helpful if we had a video, because we don't really know what's happening without a video.

Sometimes if a person or a chicken gets close to a chicken in a nesting box, they growl and it sounds like a mixture of a dinosaur and a cat moaning.

Please help. Hen is making this weird sound. Sounds like she is screaming
I once had a hen that had bumblefoot, and during her recovery she began an egg song (no egg) with some additional very load screaming. It almost sounded like the screaming goats videos if that helps... she's fine now completely, but as the others have said a video would be helpful.

Welcome to BYC. Is it more like screaming or wheezing? Can you give us more info about her behavior, as what she is doing when she makes the sound. Is she running around, has she laid an egg recently, the more you can tell us the better we can help? If you are able to take a short video, post it to You Tube, then post a link here, we may help more.

Can you post a video from YouTube?
Sorry it has taken a while to get back. Family things. Here is a video of her at her worst.
Sometimes she doesn't sound this bad. She is eating, drinking, walking around good. Not sure if she is laying b/c I work all day and they have already layed by the time I get home. Looked at gapeworm symptoms and that doesn't seem to match her.

Back
Top Bottom