1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. fishmanwill

fishmanwill Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2014
    I have a speckled Sussex hen that is acting not well. She is 10 months old. On Friday morning about mid morning I came around the corner of the house and found her walking funny and acting like she lost her equilibrium. She was limping on her left leg and falling over. When I had let them out that morning she was fine. She acted that way the rest of the day. I thought maybe she had hitten her head or something. The next couple of days she was slow but not falling over. Today she is real slow, her comb looks like it is losing color and starting to sag. Her poops is watery. She is drinking water I watched her and she was pecking at the corn I put out for them this afternoon. There are no bugs on her that I can see I checked the vent area and under the wings. They are all from a hatchery this last spring and we treated for mericks. Please help me figure this out. What else do I need to check. Thanks.

Will.

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    they can still get Marek's even after being vaccinated, but it could be a lot of things. Worms can cause those symptoms. Can you get a fecal test done? put her in a hospital pen, if you can.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by